Studies in our specialist area have for example been carried out for the Department of Mines, CS Energy, Powerlink, Energex, Queensland Rail, Project Services, Ipswich City Council, Brisbane City Council, Ipswich Water, Southern Regional Water Pipeline Alliance, Cardo-Bowler, Connell Wagner, Maunsell-Aecom, Parsons Brinckerhoff, SMEC and many other Consultants, Engineers, Developers and the public.
The following are some examples of work carried out:
- site selection study for the Swanbank 'E' gas fired power station for CS Energy
- a planning study and separate detailed studies for a 275 kV electricity transmission corridor between Blackwall and Greenbank for Powerlink
- a study of dangerous sinkhole events in Queen Street Dinmore (1999- 2000) for the Department of Natural Resources & Mines. The findings of the study resulted in the removal of seven houses due to the unacceptable risk to both people and property.
- the coal mining component of the GIS database for Ipswich City Council's Town Plan and P.D. Online service
- planning and separate detailed studies for the southern region water pipeline for Ipswich Water and the SRWP Alliance
- planning studies at Swanbank Industrial Park for Wingate Properties, Investa and most other stakeholders
- desktop and detailed studies at the Citiswich Industrial Park for Walkercorp
- assisted (part of a team) in a major study of abandoned mine sites in central Queensland for the Department of Natural Resources & Mines
- studies for the Ipswich Motorway upgrade - Goodna section for Maunsell-Aecom and SMEC
- on a specialist expert panel assisting the Origin Alliance with the Ipswich Motorway Upgrade - Goodna section
- pioneered mine filling on three residential subdivisions in the Ipswich area in the 1990s
- many studies for residential subdivisions up to 20 hectares over mined areas
- mining studies for numerous residential and industrial sites etc
Our company won a Planning Institute of Australia award in 2009. The award to New Hope Corporation, Tract Consultants, Moreton Geotechnical Services P/L and others was for "The Western Corridor (of Ipswich) - recycling a coal mine into a traditional Australian town and jobs" - see page 18 of the "2009 Awards Winners Book" on Awards for Planning Excellence 09.